Strategic Surge Ltd Leeds | Why Does Seo Matter For Your Website And Business Success?
Everyone knows that SEO matters. But why? Well, if you want your business to succeed over the coming years, you must have a website that ranks highly in search results. Today’s internet users are doing their research online before purchasing anything or deciding what company they should go with for services.
And this means having a web presence is no longer an optional extra for any type of business – whether it be small, medium-sized, or large. Even tiny companies need to have an online presence and must invest time and energy into marketing themselves online if they want to survive and prosper. And that includes making sure they rank highly on search engines like Google (and others).
SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.
THE AIM OF SEO
Specifically and more importantly, SEO is about ensuring your website ranks highly in search results for the keywords and phrases you want to get found for. But these terms must be relevant to your services or products, of course!
For instance, if you have a business that deals with accountancy in Leeds, then SEO is vital so that it can rank highly when people search online for ‘accountant Leeds’.
To this end – and according to statistics released by Google itself in 2012 – businesses in competitive niches (such as local restaurants) could expect their site to surge in rankings if they were ranking on page one. And seeing as most niches are very competitive today (and because there are over 10 billion searches every day), having the best possible SEO is essential if your company is to stay afloat.
And the key to getting good SEO for your website is by using certain SEO techniques, such as keyword research and link building – both of which are explained below.
HOW DOES SEO WORK?
SEO can include a whole host of things. Including but not limited to: page titles, meta descriptions, copywriting content on your web pages, adding images with alt tags, internal links (from one page to another), headings (H1-H6), etc., creating XML sitemaps, rewriting or restructuring old/existing pages on your site so they rank better…and much more! But since this guide is about off-page SEO it’s best if we focus on that.
This is when SEO agencies will be needed, to either do link building for your website. This is not the only thing they’ll do you, but it’s certainly up there. Here are some types of links that could be built: Directory Links – these are usually local directories where businesses can add their business and a link in return. These directories vary quite extensively in terms of quality, so finding the right ones is key! Link Building – Building links through white hat means (e.g., outreach, etc.). Social Profile Links – sometimes people forget about social media profiles like Facebook or Twitter & how valuable they can be when it comes to getting high authority backlinks (conversation rate). Local Listings – Listings on directory sites where Google Maps will show better results. If we think about SEO we often only consider the actual website, but this is just as important!
HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE FOR SEO
Every website needs SEO (search engine optimization) to attract the attention of Google, Bing, and other search engines. However, there’s a lot you can do on your own to improve organic traffic without hiring an SEO professional. Here we’ll show you some quick tips that will help bring in more visitors and increase revenue:
– Include keywords in URLs – Search engines like Google place huge value on words contained in URLs. They’re considered one of the most important ranking factors when it comes to evaluating websites. If you want to rank higher on search results pages, make sure your web pages have descriptive keywords or phrases in their URLs.
– Create blog content – Google loves blogs and regularly indexes new posts in search results pages. It’s been reported that blog articles often rank higher than standard web pages on Google. Also, view your blog as a resource center for people looking for information about your products or services. New blog posts will help you maintain a steady flow of traffic from SERPs (search engine result pages).
– Add social media sharing buttons – If people can’t share your website with their friends via their favorite social networks, they’ll probably forget all about it within a week or so. Social media sharing buttons are important because more views mean higher organic rankings on search engines like Google. And the greater the number of backlinks to your site, the more likely it is to attract more visitors.
– Participate in social media communities – You’ll need to be the most popular guy on the block if you want your website to stand out on search results pages. The easiest way to do this is by participating in social media communities where your target audience hangs out. For instance, if you’re targeting people who read blogs about digital marketing, join forums and Q&A sites related to that topic.
– Write better meta titles and descriptions – Do not underestimate the power of meta tags when it comes to attracting organic traffic from Google. These snippets of HTML code are probably one of the biggest reasons why many websites receive a large amount of organic traffic from search engines.
– Use local keywords – If you’re a local business looking to tap into SEO, your pages must contain several relevant keywords and phrases related to your geographical location.
– Optimize images on your website – Images are an integral part of any website’s design. However, most people tend to forget about optimizing the photos they post on social media sites, forums, and blogs. Always remember to include alt tags for every image as well as other SEO-related fields such as captions and titles so search engines can easily index them.
– Include links from other websites – Getting high-quality backlinks is at the core of any successful SEO strategy. The more backlinks you build over time, the more value Google will place on your site (and the more likely it will be to win a higher organic ranking). – Use SEO plugins for your website’s CMS
– Don’t forget about on-page SEO. Your site needs a proper structure so search engines can easily crawl from one page to another. Keep things simple by including related keywords in page titles, headings, and meta descriptions as well as H1s. In addition, keep paragraphs short and use lists wherever possible since they help improve readability and boost traffic from SERPs.
– Optimize the loading speed of your pages – Nobody likes waiting around for websites to load especially if they’re using mobile devices with low internet speeds. A slow-loading website frustrates visitors and makes them leave immediately which is bad news for SEO rankings.
THE BENEFITS OF A WELL-OPTIMIZED SITE ARE FAR-REACHING.
Not only do you get to enjoy the benefits of ranking higher in search engine results, but your site will also be easier for users to find who are looking for what you offer. The SEO Agency Leeds offers a wide range of services that help businesses achieve these goals.
Boost Your Rankings
The agency can improve your site’s SEO by bringing in talented, well-trained search engine optimization professionals who know how to incorporate current best practices into the development and management of your website. This is done through both onsite and offsite efforts that can include carefully crafted content, targeted link building, social media integration, and more to bring in traffic from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. These optimizations also lead to increased visibility on other important sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This makes it easier for potential customers to find your website while using the internet for research purposes.
INCREASE USER ENGAGEMENT & CONVERSION RATES
Strategic Surge LTD will not only help you reach more users, but they can also help you convert these users into paying customers through carefully crafted efforts that use a variety of tactics, including targeted content development and placement. The dedicated SEO professionals at the agency understand what works with search engine optimization and how to build a site that is both highly visible and user-friendly.
Increase Site Ranking and Authority
Strategic Surge LTD will create a long-term, personalized strategy that targets your audience and takes them through an extensive conversion process. This SEO agency can improve your website’s authority and ranking by leveraging the necessary industry experience and knowledge. The company provides its clients with an experienced team of SEO professionals who use proven methodologies to boost site rankings and visibility on the web, which in turn helps generate more traffic and higher conversions rates.
Common mistakes that can be avoided with proper planning and research include:
– Poorly written copy. This may end up hurting you more than helping, and if SEO is part of your marketing strategy, it could send you in a downward spiral soon after you begin.
– Not staying on top of the latest trends and changes within industry standards. SEO, like any form of advertising or marketing, can be quite fickle; Google updates its algorithm regularly which means that best practices often change. If you don’t stay abreast of these changes, you will fall behind and your website rankings will suffer as a result.
– Avoiding using keywords and SEO techniques that have been proven to work overtime and avoiding them because they’re considered “old news”. While certain might not necessarily provide results anymore, they would need to be replaced with stronger keywords and techniques.
– Not keeping content current. The more relevant your website is the better chance you will have of attracting visitors so updating content regularly or when major changes occur is important. If content falls too far behind, search engines may see this as a sign that your website has fallen out of favor and rank you less highly in their results pages.
– Avoiding using local keywords: If you’re a local business that operates within a specific location, not using local-specific words and phrases will mean that you won’t get ranked highly in Google’s localized listings for search terms people are most likely to use when trying to find a company like yours operating in their area. This can result in an immediate decline in business as they won’t find you what SEO is and how SEO can help your website remain popular.
– Not having a strong online presence. If you’re not readily available on all platforms, such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn then you lose opportunities for traffic to your website. A properly optimized and handled social media profile and presence will allow companies like ours near me to appear more prominently when people search for keywords related to your company’s area of expertise.
– Failing to track statistics: It doesn’t do any good to have a great SEO strategy if no one knows about it or finds out about its benefits through seeing the results! We recommend investing in some web analytics software that tracks everything from traffic sources to where that traffic comes from and what keywords they used the find you. This way, your SEO strategy can be tweaked as necessary to improve its effectiveness and results.
– Not building links: Some people mistakenly think it’s enough just to focus on “high quality” or “authority” backlinks with a strong page rank. While these factors are important, search engines like Google use link building as an additional factor in determining where websites will rank for particular keyword searches, so getting more high-quality backlinks is always helpful.
You should also know how Google follows up with various SEO techniques because certain methods are followed by Google within months while others take years before being recognized so this would also help you devise a proper SEO strategy.