The recently released 11th Annual Report on Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends for B2B Content Marketing shows how content marketers in North America have adapted to the conditions the COVID-19 pandemic has forced on businesses and marketers.
94% of content marketers said their organizations adjusted their content marketing strategy due to the pandemic.
When asked to look back over the past 12 months, 31% of content marketers said their organization was “extremely” or “very” successful with content marketing, and 83% attributed that success to “the value the.” our content offer. “
The annual report was again prepared by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute and this year sponsored by ON24. It again offers insights into benchmarks, budgets and trends in B2B content marketing.
As in previous years, the study found that a documented content marketing strategy distinguishes top performers from their competitors:
Below are some of the highlights of the study’s pandemic-related findings:
- 86% of content marketers surveyed said their organization was spinning quickly and 80% said the changes were taking effect.
- 86% expected some of the changes to remain in effect for the foreseeable future.
- Of the 79% who have a content marketing strategy, 70% have made major or moderate adjustments to their strategy due to the pandemic.
- 70% have changed their targeting / messaging strategy, 64% have updated their editorial calendars, and 53% have changed their content distribution and promotion strategy.
- Among the top five areas of content marketing that respondents said their companies would invest in in 2021, 70% chose “content creation” and 66% chose “website improvements”.
Below you will find selected diagrams with results from the various chapters of the B2B content marketing report for the current year.
Pandemic Response & Content Marketing Success
Structure and outsourcing of the content marketing team
Content creation and distribution
Content types used:
Distribution channels for organic content:
Content Marketing Metrics and Goals
Content Marketing Budgets & Expenses
Content Marketing Insights for 2021
About the study: The online survey from which the results of this report were generated was emailed to a sample of marketers using lists from CMI and MarketingProfs. In July 2020, a total of 1,707 recipients from around the world, representing a wide range of industries, functional areas and company sizes, responded to the survey. This report includes the results of 740 North American respondents.