How to achieve brand building through social media
You probably already know that social media is one of the most powerful branding tools available.
And maybe you are also thinking of using it to build your brand!
But what’s your next step?
How do you become the next success story that people will tweet, retweet, like and share?
The truth is that social media is good, but it takes more than just building a brand profile. It is not a “field of dreams”.
To be successful, you first need a social media branding strategy.
One that consistently deals with your target group strengthens brand awareness and ensures high conversion traffic.
The good news is that we’re going to tell you how to achieve branding through social media.
All you have to do is put it into action.
1. Consistency across social platforms
There’s one word you hear regularly when you talk about branding and that is consistency. It’s the number one tactic for social media success and requires work, dedication, and discipline.
However, there are tools available to help you reduce your workload.
But before you can use them there are a few things you need to do:
First, write your profile and remember that it is more than just a brand description. This is where you start creating the consistency that will run throughout your marketing campaigns.
The elements you choose now will determine the future perception of your brand by your audience. So make sure you choose a style of language, graphics, colors, fonts, and a logo that portrays you in a way that you want to be seen.
After all, first impressions count and this is your chance to get the right one.
Once you have your profile, post it on all of your platforms. If you need to flatten it for certain spots, make sure the main elements like pictures and colors stay the same throughout.
2. Design a logo
Before you talk about designing a logo, briefly explain why you need one. it’s that word consistency again!
Your logo is the most impactful image your brand will ever use. When done right, it’s the cohesive anchor that ensures that the rest of your content is instantly recognizable.
Get inspiration from the following resources:
- Your audience: Each population group has a certain style. Design your logo to match yours.
- Your Market: There are colors, fonts and shapes that have been proven to work in every market. Incorporate them into your logo.
- Your brand: capture and project the essence of who you are and what you offer. This is the personality and the purpose of your brand.
Options to create one:
- Do it yourself and you don’t have to be an artist or an online designer to do it as you can design your own logo with an AI logo maker from a company like Tailor Brands. They specialize in providing logos based on a combination of your insights and their extensive range of related design elements that have been proven to be appropriate for your niche and target market.
- Outsource to a designer auction site. Publish your requirements along with the price you are willing to pay and designers will compete for your contract.
- Hire a design agency. Prices can range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending on your needs, the IE, and the amount of work you expect them to do. One way to bring the price down and ensure you get a truly unique logo is to first create it with a logo creation tool and then hire the designer to add their knowledge and experience.
3. Brand voice and style
The voice and style of your brand determine how your brand is perceived. Therefore, it needs to be in the right language and tone for your target audience. Otherwise, any content you post may be misunderstood.
How to find your voice:
Your audience demographics, as well as your product or service, can help guide you in choosing your voice and style for branding on social media. It helps give personality to your brand by introducing yourself as a person and using three adjectives to describe their nature. It takes into account how old they are, what they look like and what interests they have. These will help you find her voice and style.
4. Speak like a human
You can’t build a brand on social media by selling your products. This requires a more subtle approach since users won’t be there to hear a sales pitch. Social media communities only connect with truly authentic brands, and you do so by speaking like a human. Hey, it should come naturally, right?
You can talk to everyone on social media as if they were friends. So be relaxed, use your first name and colloquial language whenever possible. Remember, however, that the way you speak when you post must reflect the voice and style you created for your brand. So keep them as consistent as possible.
Your goal is to create a brand that appeals to your target audience. We say we connect with people, not brands. So show your personal side, and telling a good story is an excellent way to do it.
5. Tell a story
People repeatedly buy brands, not products, and nothing sells better on social media than a brand with a good story. But here’s the thing, people don’t associate with brands, do they? They connect with the people behind them.
Creating a strong personal story for your brand gives your audience a reason to engage with it. Because it gives them a dialogue to connect with by relating it to their own experiences; In essence, they make your story their story.
Here are a few ways to create a compelling story that will appeal to your audience:
- Show the human side of your brand.
- Add narrative to your updates.
- Incorporate elements of your story into all of your posts
- Use successive updates to build your story.
6. Relevant content
How often do you read content that is not related to you? Never right.
The audience on social media is no different. The only way to engage your audience in a way that encourages them to promote your brand is to give them content they want to be associated with.
Tips for creating relevant content:
- Be positive in everything you post.
- Research your content thoroughly.
- Always use your authentic voice.
- Create it so that it speaks your audience’s language.
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Always add a call to action.
- Use pictures and videos wherever possible to tell your story, which leads us to your final step.
Content filled with relevant images has been shown to appeal 94% more to audiences on social media than content without. That’s because we connect with images much faster and remember them for much longer.
The popularity of visuals now gives brands a unique opportunity to ensure audience engagement. By using the right graphics in your content, you breathe life into it and enable you and others to share your vision, tell your story and sell your product or service.
Social media platforms are of course aware of this. They are now giving brands the ability to publish visuals that are directly linked to their websites so that viewers can become consumers at the touch of a button!